Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Face the WALL

Every Tuesday I am oblige to attend a session about administrative training/concepts/projects. I can still remember that I was so sleepy last Tuesday during the session. Yes, I can clearly hear what the speaker was saying but not all were getting into my system that much...until I heard the thing about THE WALL. It caught my attention and I believed I forgot that I was a sleepy head during that time.

The Brother speaker said in our lives we are passing 6 stages. When we are young, there is dependence to others because of course we need to be fed, we need shelter and clothing. In the second stage,I believe it's about gradually moving out from dependency because people have graduated already and have works now. In the third stage, this is the time wherein people are more on achievements, building or reaping the fruits of their own efforts. This is more on prestige, power, materialism.

The WALL comes in stage 4.

He said this is the stage of our lives wherein we are faced with problems, sickness, feeling of being incomplete, feeling of being tired with life because of so many reasons. People do not like to face the wall. Why? This is because you will see here what you did to your life, the story of your liffe will be shown like in a movie. You will see the good, bad, and the worse part of you. It is like a mirror of your past that will haunt you. And if you want to face this wall, you have to face yourself. You have to accept who you are and all the wrongs that you did to yourself. It is actually ACCEPTANCE. Bad or good...you have to accept them all. It is really hard to cross and face this WALL in our lives because it takes courage, humility and maturity to do it.

For once, I asked myself if I unknowingly faced the WALL already. After a week of thinking (yes, I thought of this for so many times before I sleep at night huh), I can say I HAVE FACED THE WALL bravely...and I am proud of it.

In my 34 years of existence, I have experienced happiness and sorrows, I've made mistakes, I suffered, left out in the dark...but I managed to get out from hell(of emotions) and smile again. How did I do it? I faced the wall...I have admitted my mistakes...I have promised that I will love myself and not let others abuse my kindness...I have accepted the directions that God wants me to be(no questions asked)...I have promised Him that I will be more prayerful.

That's my experience...and for me...because of that..I have faced the wall.

No comments: